Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lesson Nine: Pay attention to where you are shooting

Something that may or may not be obvious is that you want to pay attention to where you are shooting.  Are you shooting indoors or outdoors?  One thing that I frequently forget to do is to remove the polarizing filter I have in front of my lens.  All of my lenses have polarizing filters in front of them to protect them from scratches.  This is great if I'm shooting outdoors because it protects the lens as well as gets rid of unwanted reflections but if I'm shooting indoors, it also prevents light from entering the camera body and sensor.  This means that I have to hold the camera steady for a longer amount of time to get a decent looking shot and to prevent camera blur.  The easiest way to prevent this is to obviously remember to take the polarizing filter off when shooting indoors.  This will ensure that you can shoot with a faster shutter speed and still get non-blurry images even in lower-light settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment